Student Direct Stream SDS
The Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program that will speed up the processing for the full-time studies attending universities and colleges in Canadain just 20 calendar days if the following eligibility is met.
Highlights of Student Direct StreamA legal resident living in 1 of the following countries:
If you live anywhere other than 1 of the countries listed above (even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above), you must apply through the regular study permit application process.
- Applicants must live outside Canada at the time of application
- Acceptance letter from a designated learning institution in Canada
- Copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation document
- GIC from one of Canada’s participating banks of $10,000. A GIC is a Canadian investment that has a guaranteed rate of return for a fixed period of time.
- Proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- Test to show intermediate proficiency in English or French (CLB7)
- Valid academic qualification proofs
There should be an online application as paper application is not acceptable for the Student Direct Stream. The fees for applying online are $150.
Steps to be followed for SDS Application
- Complete the application form
- Online Submission of the application
- Biometrics to be done
- On the approval of the application a letter of introduction is issued which needs to be shown to the officer when you arrive in Canada
- An electronic travel authorization or a visitor visa (temporary resident visa), depending on which you need to enter Canada
If the applicant has aspouse or common-law partnerand dependent children their visa application will also be processed faster along with your application process.
- visitor visa
- work permit
- study permit