Spousal Sponsorship Open Work Permit

spousal sponsorship open work permit

It is a somewhat confusing and frustrating fact that you can only appeal a refused sponsorship application if you are a Permanent Resident, and if the visa office abroad has determined that the person(s) you were trying to sponsor is a member of the family class. The first implication is that the decision you are challenging must come from a sponsorship application. For instance, if you are a Convention Refugee and you include your children in your PR application, and your children's application is refused, you have no right of appeal to the IAD but can only challenge the decision at the Federal Court.


Book an appointment