graduation visitor visa
If you are a student graduating in Canada and you want to invite your parents to attend your graduation ceremony, they will typically need to apply for a visitor visa to enter Canada. Here are the general steps they should follow:
1. Determine eligibility: Your parents should check if they are eligible for a visitor visa to Canada. They should review the requirements on the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to ensure they meet the criteria.
2. Gather required documents: Your parents will need to gather the necessary documents for their visa application. These may include a valid passport, proof of ties to their home country (such as employment, property, or family commitments), an invitation letter from you, proof of your graduation, and financial documents to demonstrate their ability to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada.
3. Online application: Your parents should submit their visa application online through the IRCC website. They will need to create an account, complete the application form, and pay the application fee. Make sure to select the correct visa category for their visit (e.g., visitor visa, temporary resident visa).
4. Biometrics and medical examination: Depending on their nationality and other factors, your parents may be required to provide biometrics (fingerprints and photo) at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) near their location. They may also need to undergo a medical examination if it is deemed necessary for their visa application.
5. Wait for processing: After submitting the application, your parents will need to wait for the visa to be processed. Processing times can vary, so it's advisable to apply well in advance of the graduation ceremony.
6. Travel to Canada: If their visa application is approved, your parents will receive a letter of introduction (visa approval letter). They should bring this letter, along with other supporting documents, when they travel to Canada. They may also be required to provide additional information to the immigration officer upon arrival.
It's important to note that the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining a visitor visa can change over time. Therefore, it's recommended to consult the official IRCC website or seek guidance from a qualified immigration professional to ensure you have the most up-to-date and accurate information for your parents' visa application.