Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
The “Canadian Experience Class” can be defined as an immigration program that supports temporary foreign workers and students to apply for permanent residency in Canada on behalf of their work experience in the country. This program is the simplest and the fastest route to permanent Canadian residency as the process just requires a near 6 months or may be less. This program uses a “Comprehensive Ranking System” (CRS) to select the interested candidates and is managed under the “Express Entry System”. The applicants receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence based on the competitive CRS score.
There are few requirements for the candidate to fall under this category and to apply for the Canadian Experience Class program are as follows-
- The candidate must have skilled work experience in Canada for at least one year in a full-time job (30 hours per week/ 1560 total hours in one year) or an equivalent amount of part-time job (15 hours per week/ 1560 hours in 2 years).
- The experience should have been acquired within the last 3 years from the date of application.
- The candidate must have worked in Canada with temporary resident status with authorization to work.
- This program is not available for foreign people who do not have recent work experience in Canada.
- Your employment duties must fall under the NOC code skill level O, A, or B.
- Your work experience in Canada should be genuine and legally obtained.
- Certain medical conditions or criminal offenses may make the candidate ineligible to apply for it.
- A candidate’s work experience will not be counted if he/she was engaged in full-time studies in Canada.
- Students can score good points in CRS rankings if they went to high school or post-secondary institutions and have a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian institute.
- Language- The candidate must reach a Canadian Language Benchmark level 7 on an approved English or French language test for NOC skill level O, or A jobs. And reach a CLB 5 for NOC B jobs.
- The candidate must be ready to live outside the province of Quebec.
So, concluding it, we can say that the Canadian Experience Class is a program that allows a class of temporarily residing foreign people to live permanently in Canada based on their work experience, education, and contribution towards the country as temporary citizens. They can easily become a permanent citizen in very less time if meet the above-required eligibility criteria with the documents proof.