Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
The Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream is a way for workers in select occupations in the tourism/hospitality or food processing sectors to gain permanent residence in B.C.
To qualify for this stream, you must:
- have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer in the tourism/hospitality or food processing sector.
- Your occupation must be on the list of eligible occupations for your sector. All ELSS-eligible occupations are classified as NOC TEER 4 or 5.
- For the Northeast Development Region of B.C., you may apply if you are working in any NOC TEER category 4 or 5 occupation, except live-in caregivers (NOC 44100).
- have been working full-time for your employer for a minimum of nine consecutive months before applying.
- be qualified to do the job offered to you, including meeting any certification or registration requirements in B.C.
- be earning a wage in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation.
- meet minimum language and education requirements.
- show that you can support yourself and your dependents.
- have legal immigration status in Canada.
Please note that this stream does not offer the Express Entry BC option.
Occupations in travel and accommodation
- 64314 Hotel front desk clerks
Tour and recreational guides and casino occupations
- 64320 Tour and travel guides
- 64321 Casino workers
- 64322 Outdoor sport and recreational guides
Occupations in food and beverage service
- 64300 Maîtres d'hotel and hosts/hostesses
- 64301 Bartenders
- 65200 Food and beverage servers
- 65201 Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, and related support occupations
Cleaners (employed directly by hotels/resorts*)
- 65210 Support occupations in accommodation, travel, and facilities set-up services
- 65310 Light duty cleaners
- 65311 Specialized cleaners
- 65312 Janitors, caretakers, and heavy-duty cleaners
Other service occupations (employed directly by hotels/resorts*)
- 65320 Dry cleaning, laundry, and related occupations
- 65329 Other service support occupations
*For the purposes of the BC PNP, a resort is defined as an accommodation facility associated with recreational activities. These activities can include skiing, golfing, boating, fishing, biking, swimming, horseback riding, hiking, nature-based or interpretive tours, etc.
- 94140 Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
- 94141 Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers, and related workers
- 94142 Fish and seafood plant workers
- 94143 Testers and graders, food and beverage processing
- 95106 Labourers in food and beverage processing
Your employer must be willing to support your application and provide supporting documentation. They must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill certain responsibilities during the application process. Please view the employer requirements for more information.