Canadian Study Visa Permanent Residency

Canadian Study Visa to Permanent Residency

With 3 of the top 10 most livable cities in the world according to the Global Liveability Index 2019, Canada is also home to some of the world’s finest academic institutions and medical facilities. The Government of Canada recognizes international students and graduates as some of the most desirable future immigrants and thus introduces new ways to support international students in their efforts to gain permanent residence after graduation.

Right program, right school and right province
We understand the challenges that a student might face when they start looking at their education and migration prospects before making their first move. As students, we all dream of entering a world class academic institution and our initial hesitation keeps us from exploring it but you know what? It is easier than you think. You can take the right first step by taking a first free consultation from our team.

Sia Immigration has an expert panel that helps you understand the study visa application process. Right from finding the perfect course for you to helping you find the right institution; we add value to your experiential journey. Our experts help you choose the right program, right school and right province for your studies in Canada. 
Once you get in touch with us, we will search and look for the potential academic programs that you can pursue in Canada. Once you have determined an ideal academic program, next comes the application process. You are required to submit your application to the Canadian Designated Learning Institute (DLI) of your choice. Making sure that your application follows the required format and fulfills all the prerequisites is our responsibility.
Upon obtaining a letter of acceptance from the DLI, you must submit an application to the Government of Canada for a study permit (a document that you need to legally remain in Canada as a student).
We can even provide assistance in case you feel dissatisfied with the course you are enrolled in and wish to change it. With a Canadian study permit, if you are following the right procedure and obeying all the conditions of your study permit, you can change your school or program at any time. 

Post Graduate Work Permit
The post-graduation work permit (PGWP) allows students to stay in Canada and gain work experience after they have completed their graduation. However, students must graduate from a recognized Canadian institution i.e. from DLIs, to be eligible for a PGWP.
Wondering, what is PGWP?

PGWP is an open work permit, allowing its holder to work for any employer in any location in Canada, and to change employers freely for up to three years after their graduation. 

To obtain a post-graduation work permit, one must: 
•    Currently hold valid temporary status or have left Canada.
•    Have graduated from an eligible DLI.
•    Have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
•    Have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program(s) 
•    Have received a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that you have met the requirements to complete your program of study. 
The PGWP helps graduates transition to permanent resident status in Canada. This permit smoothens your way to adopting the Canadian way of living and eventually be part of the larger community. 
Connect with us for a hassle-free experience or to know more about how you can apply for permanent residency.

Our Offices


Surrey Office

#304 8318 120 Street, Surrey
BC, V3W3N4, Canada

Kamloops Office

246 2 Ave #301, Kamloops
BC, V2C 2C9, Canada
Sia Immigration Logo RCIC
(English, Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati) Manpreet Joshi online (English, Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati) Munish Joshi online
Book an appointment